We build sleek, state-of-the-art products accessible from devices and platforms. We thrive on creativity and the thrill of bringing big ideas to market faster and better than our competitors. Comprised of designers, art directors and front end developers, the team closely collaborates with editorial, technology, sales and customers to carry out our ambitious road map of innovation.
We build sleek, state-of- the-art products accessible from devices and platforms.
We thrive on creativity and the thrill of bringing big ideas to market faster and
better than our competitors. Comprised of designers, art directors and front end
developers, the team closely collaborates with editorial, technology, sales and
customers to carry out our ambitious road map of innovation.
Be a critical contributor to the ongoing success of the Dow Jones Innovation Unit
and help carve the future for all Dow Jones product lines.
We are looking for an experienced leader who has a keen mind for digital product
development and a holistic view of new and adjacent markets in the digital media
You will have a deep understanding of digital technology to support subscription,
ad driven and B2B businesses at scale. You will also require credible and current
insights into the latest market trends and technologies that support high growth
digital media. You should have the ability to spot opportunities through data
driven evidence, business models, and constant customer validation.
You will be responsible for driving the new ideas funnel, including managing
intensive workshops, and fostering a spirit of innovation across the global group.
This will include regular presentations to both colleagues and clients.
You will thrive off problem solving, working in small and large teams and possess
the leadership to inspire, influence and champion change in a highly dynamic
· Ensure operational excellence and efficient execution across all Dow Jones
innovation initiatives, providing encouragement, inspiration, efficiencies and
· Help steer the Innovation Unit’s strategy, priorities and budget
· Own the product roadmap with ownership of product checkpoints, pivots,
growth or termination. Own the ideation funnel to vet, filter and assess.
· Help manage the Opportunity Workshops, coordinating with leadership teams to
recruit candidates and deliver product plans inline with the group’s strategic goals.
Execute on product plans with key stakeholders and constantly validate with
customers. Help recruit candidates for the workshops across all
· Communicate both internally and externally the team’s mission and
accomplishments through all channels, including public speaking
· Support all partnerships and sales functions including ad sales, custom
content and B2B in prospecting, pitching and closing.
· Mentor and coach all team members and colleagues to promote best
practice, innovation and foster entrepreneurialism.
· Monitor and report back on impactful market developments, emerging
technologies and relevant startups.
Skills & Experience:
· 12+ years of digital product management experience, with a track record of
delivering high growth digital media initiatives
· Understanding of software development, design school thinking, agile methodologies and
best practice and ability to co-ordinate off shore teams
· Data driven analysis skills and detailed road-mapping abilities
· Leadership and decision making skills using empathy and persuasion
· Deep understanding of technology, platforms, digital marketing metrics and
· Enthusiasm for and willingness to embrace emerging technologies such as
AR, VR, AI and NLP.
· Ability to prioritize and problem solve amongst competing pressures and
· Confidence in sales environments with strategic accounts, ability to brief
executive leadership teams and to motivate and challenge all colleagues
· Excellent communication skills, including high profile public speaking
· Willingness to travel extensively, often at short notice
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: INNOVATION/PARTNER DEV
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com