Wall Street Journal | Barron’s Group (WSJ|BG) is looking for an entrepreneurial leader for the Ad Innovation Product Director position. This person will be responsible for launching a new team, dedicated to conceiving and developing custom ad products that help fuel the success of WSJ|BG by:
1) offering innovative ad solutions that solve client challenges and
2) help us efficiently achieve client KPIs for branded content programs.
The role also will oversee a team of project managers who are currently handling ad development.
The ideal candidate has a restless curiosity around new technologies and the foresight, care, and confidence to innovate appropriately. They will be an advocate and thought leader for ad innovation across WSJ|BG, working with stakeholders from multiple departments including Sales, AdTech, Marketing, Product, etc...
Using current market insights, the candidate will proactively prioritize the development of new, scalable ad units that will 1) drive revenue, 2) increase ad performance and 3) lower the soft/hard cost of creating and optimizing high impact ad solutions. They will work cross-functionally to build out prioritized ad prototypes before partnering with Product Marketing and Sales to take opportunities to our clients.
The ideal candidate has a very strong creative background in media, in areas like ad product design or UX, with solid ad tech familiarity. Previous experience on the Celtra platform is a huge plus. This person is a solutions-oriented problem-solver who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get to the right answer or resolve an issue and is focused on performance-driven outcomes for our premier clients.
Please be prepared to show examples of your previous work.
Responsibilities and oversight include:
● Proactively, develop and guide the innovation and new ad product strategies across the organization
● Develop bespoke opportunities based on RFPs to win new business.
● Identify new ad innovation opportunities to drive revenue, margin, and profit growth
● Work with our trade marketing team to generate buzz for new ad products
● Create an innovation approach with the appropriate processes, tools, and metrics
to support new growth opportunities.
● Successfully manage a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment.
● Manage external vendor relationships
● Knowledgeable of ad industry trends to capitalize on revenue opportunities
● Attract, retain, develop and motivate the team. Exhibits leadership skills to nurture talent and provide development guidance and career planning for each individual team member.
● Push for consistent product and process improvement and set relevant policies for the team
● Operate with a sense of urgency and purpose, tie team activities to overarching business goals and strategies
● 10+ years experience in an ad products or UX role in a digital-first company
● Deep knowledge of Celtra, ad serving, and basic ad technologies
● Enthusiastic, professional demeanor and experience working in a client-oriented
setting (internal or external)
● Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced business environment
● Proficiency in basic HTML, data structures, Advanced MS Excel (Power
● Strong analytical mindset including an ability to prioritize activity by assessing
both risks & opportunities across both tech & business domains
● Demonstrated track record of systematic problem solving and product
● 5+ years experience managing & mentoring a high-performance team
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: MEDIA SALES
Job Category: Strategy Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world’s top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 26502