We build sleek, state-of-the-art products accessible from devices and platforms. We thrive on creativity and the thrill of bringing big ideas to market faster and better than our competitors. Comprised of designers, art directors and front end developers, the team closely collaborates with editorial, technology, sales and customers to carry out our ambitious road map of innovation.
VP PARTNERSHIPS AND LOYALTY
Where am I based?
Who is my manager?
What are my accountabilities?
● Lead the strategy for WSJ branded partnerships to generate new revenue streams and maximise revenue opportunities with existing partners.
● Through partnerships increase WSJ’s opportunities for marketing and reach to help drive membership sales and retain existing customers.
● Use customer insights and a test and learn approach to identify new partnerships and drive new business models.
● Define and lead the strategy on membership loyalty via WSJ+ to engage and retain members and drive customer value.
● Source and secure rewarding partnerships and promotions that add value to the WSJ+
proposition and overall bundle.
● Drive profitability of WSJ+.
● Own ongoing strategic and tactical relationships with external agencies, 3rd party partners and sponsors.
● Ownership and understanding of the key business measures that are reported back to the
● Working and influencing other key departments at WSJ, including Editorial, Ad Sales and Technology.
What do you need from me?
● Minimum 10 years marketing experience, ideally in publishing, partnerships and membership.
● A deep understanding of subscription and membership business models, with proven success in developing them.
● Be an expert in partner management and negotiation. Proven ability in securing commercial partnerships that deliver consumer benefits.
● Ability to provide thought leadership on how customer engagement can support delivery of business strategy.
● Proven experience of managing complex stakeholder environments and revenue models.
● Ability to take responsibility for initiatives and encourage a positive ‘can do’ attitude at all times. Be able to embrace and drive change in a pacy environment.
● Excellent people management skills, with a proven record in leading a multi-function, results driven team.
● Thorough understanding of tools and techniques used in integrated marketing communications.
● Proven ability to work with internal stakeholders to integrate marketing programs within a business.
● Creative and innovative - the ability to make events and promotions happen.
● Ability to work cross-functionally with internal groups and externally with partners.
● Influencer with a proven ability to get things done through others.
● A keen customer-facing attitude.
● The ability to travel internationally when needed.
● Fluent spoken and written English to the highest professional level.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: WSJ MEMBERSHIP GROUP
Job Category: Marketing Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 15518