Office Manager – Barcelona
When you join Dow Jones, you become part of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, MarketWatch and DJX, our flagship news and analytics platform. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and prosperity. From over 50 countries and in over a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
This position is a unique opportunity for a talented and motivated candidate to manage the operations and administration of one of the biggest offices in Dow Jones, Barcelona, with more than 300 employees. This role sits in the Strategic Services arm of Data Strategy.
The Strategic Services team provides key strategic functions across Data Strategy, including Business Management, Content Strategy, Metadata Management, Quality and Solutions. The Strategic Services group houses all non-research capabilities within Data Strategy.
Business Management focuses on internal projects and Data Strategy policies. Business Managers drive the Data Strategy leadership teams toward a more productive, efficient future and reduce the burden of non-delivery work for the majority of our staff.
This position is a unique opportunity for a talented and motivated candidate to manage the operations and administration of one of the biggest offices in Dow Jones, Barcelona, with more than 300 employees.
The Office Manager reports to the Head of Business Management. The individual will be part of Strategic Services’ Business Management team. Our ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and self-motivated, proactive and always looking for improving the office, its operations and its processes. You should have strong communication skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to handle confidential information. You should be a creative problem solver, extremely well-organized, take ownership of the tasks at hand, calm under pressure, and capable of multi-tasking. You will also be someone who enjoys being a team player, and can handle many different types of people and cultures with tact and courtesy.
● Maintains office services and implement activities related to its needs by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling
correspondence; reviewing supply requisitions; prepare documents for different office monthly benefits; deliveries of various office
consumables and infrequent maintenance
● Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands which includes coordination with Facilities
● Manage the location Invoices and Purchase Orders
and work with colleagues from the Finance team to ensure all the
office bills are covered timely
● Relationship management of local vendors
● Stock control for office supplies
● Main point of contact for all other administrative issues of the office
● Support management activities in the Barcelona office including organization of office agenda, meeting rooms and corporate events
● Work closely with Facilities and IT to ensure smooth operations of the office including emergency responses and cleaning services
● To ensure the office adheres to Health and Safety procedures
● Ensure appropriate communication and share office updates with employees
● Assist in the reception and welcome visitors
● Provide Executive Administrative Support to the Head of Data Strategy and other senior managers such as expenses and travel arrangements
● Assist the Culture Committee and IRGs to create inclusive, sustainable and positive workplace environment through internal communications, events, programs, celebration and other cultural events.
● To provide administrative support to People team as needed
● Help drive a culture of continuous improvement
● Own specific projects as defined
● Previous experience in managing a multi-faceted office
● Bachelor's degree required
● Fluency in Spanish and English is essential, additional languages are a plus
● Excellent organization and communication skills
● Must be comfortable and confident to work with people from across the organization, from senior executives to junior staff members; willingness to communicate with different parties to achieve the tasks within the established deadlines, ability to proactively oversee each task to its completion
● Flexible and proactive approach with a positive, problem solving attitude
● You've successfully managed multiple projects simultaneously and with strict deadlines
● Understanding of diverse business processes, including people management and finance operations
● Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with the team members and the various service vendors
● Initiative, self-organized person with creative thinking, adaptive to changes in the established workflows
● Strong knowledge of various office software(spreadsheets, documents, presentations) including Google suite of products
● Proven ability to deal with unexpected and highly stressful situations
What we offer?
In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow both personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company.
How do you apply?
If you feel that this position matches your skills, experience and motivation please submit your CV which must state your current salary and expectations to be considered
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - DATA STRATEGY
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world’s top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 29422